Missy Jubilee’s 166th film ‘CUTIES’ has swept the awards at the prestigious IndieX Film Festival in Los Angeles last week
‘Cuties’ won Best New Media, Best Editing and Best Sound Editing. It was the only film at IndieX to win more than one award.
IMDb qualifier IndieX Film Fest is the LA-based international short film festival held at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood.
IndieX showcases the best independent short films from around the world and provides a platform for emerging directors, writers, and actors from different countries.
IndieX also attracts filmmaking executives from every major studio in Los Angeles.
Among previous winners at IndieX have been Academy Award winners Barney Burman and Joel Harlow, Academy Award nominees Abigail Breslin, Bruce Davison, Janet McTeer, Keisha Castle-Hughes, and Paul Giamatti, Primetime Emmy winner Loretta Devine, and Primetime Emmy nominees Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick.
‘Cuties’ is a mockumentary based on the controversial French film ‘Mignonnes’ directed by Maïmouna Doucouré.
Missy Jubilee’s ‘Cuties’ has been described as a surreal journey through erotic film-making, sexual politics and cancel culture.
‘Cuties’ stars Missy Jubilee, along with supermodel Gigi Hadid and Lias Saoudi – lead singer of English post-punk band ‘Fat White Family’.
‘Cuties’ was filmed in Los Angeles in 2021
To date, ‘Cuties’ has become Missy Jubilee’s most awarded film ever, winning medals at the following festivals…
- Best Web Series / Filmzen International Film Competition
- Best Web/TV Series / Art Film Awards
- Best Web/TV Series / Sofia Art Film Awards
- Best Web and New Media / Independent Shorts Awards
- Best Web/TV Series / New York Movie Awards
- Best Editing / St. Louis Film Awards
- Best Female Director / Hollywood Independent Film Awards
- Semi-Finalist / San Francisco Arthouse Short Festival
- Semi-Finalist / Kansas City Independent Film Festival
- Best Web series / Paris International Short Festival
- Best Erotic Short / Santa Cruz Independent Film Fest
- Best Sound Design / Denver Movie Awards